Can the City provide me legal assistance?

The City cannot provide legal advice to private individuals. The services of a licensed attorney at should be consulted for any legal questions or concerns. The State Bar of California maintains a directory of Certified Lawyer Referral Services that are managed by a variety of associations, legal service programs, and other organizations. The directory is available by visiting or calling (866) 44-CA-LAW (866-442-2529). If you cannot afford a lawyer, you may be eligible for free or low-cost services from legal aid groups that include:

Show All Answers

1. Why was my condominium tagged?
2. What do the yellow and red tag colors mean?
3. When do I have to leave my condominium?
4. Is there any financial assistance to help me with renting a new place?
5. Where can I get help finding a new place to rent?
6. When can I return to my condominium?
7. Can the City provide me legal assistance?
8. I own and live in my condominium. Am I eligible for temporary relocation assistance?
9. Is there an appeals process available?