Diamond Bar residents have two opportunities this month to receive first, second, booster or additional doses of the COVID-19 vaccine.
The Los Angeles County Department of Public Health will be administering vaccines at the Diamond Bar Center from 3 to 6:30 p.m. on Monday, November 15, and from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Thursday, November 18.
Moderna and Pfizer vaccines are available for first doses. At this time, children and youth under age 18 can only get the Pfizer vaccine. For additional or booster doses only the Pfizer brand is available. However, it approved for anyone who meets the criteria, regardless of the brand (Pfizer, Moderna or Johnson & Johnson) they received for their original vaccine.
Additional doses are for individuals who are moderately or severely immunocompromised and received their second dose at least 28 days ago. Boosters are for individuals who have gone at least six months since completing a two-dose series of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, or two months after receiving the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
Appointments are strongly encouraged and can be made by visiting MyTurn.ca.gov no later than midnight on Sunday, November 14 for the first clinic and midnight on Wednesday, November 17 for the second clinic. Walk-ins will be accommodated between appointment times and while supplies last.
- The vaccine is free and available to everyone regardless of immigration or insurance status.
- Individuals receiving their second, additional or booster dose should bring their COVID-19 vaccination card.
- Minors must have a parent or guardian with them to receive the vaccine.
- Appointment times are available from 3-6:15 p.m. on November 15 and from 11 a.m.-2:45 p.m. on November 18.
- Masks or face coverings must be worn at all times, regardless or vaccination status.