The skatepark in Peterson Park and all outdoor playgrounds have reopened in Diamond Bar following the latest guidance from the California Department of Public Health and approval by the Los Angeles County Public Health Department and Board of Supervisors.
In order to use the skatepark or playgrounds, individuals must not be exhibiting any signs or symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing) and must comply with the following safety and courtesy requirements:
- Wear a face covering over the nose and mouth at all times. This is required for everyone age 2 and older.
- Keep a close watch on your children to ensure they maintain at least six feet of distance from non-household members.
- Wash or sanitize your hands and that of your children before and after using any playground equipment.
- Refrain from eating or drinking to ensure face masks are worn at all times.
- Limit your playtime to 30 minutes when others are present.
Additionally, it is advised that older adults and individuals with underlying medical conditions avoid playground areas when others are present.
For more information on COVID-19 related closures and restrictions as well as the temporary modifications to City services, visit www.diamondbarca.gov/COVID19 or call City Hall during its open hours of Monday-Thursday 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and Friday 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Los Angeles County Public Health Officer Order Regarding the Reopening Protocol for Outdoor Playgrounds