Effective Friday, June 19, Los Angeles County has issued a modified Health Officer Order that allows for the reopening of several more business sectors. Among these are:
- Nail Salons
- Tattoo and Piercing Shops
- Spas offering aesthetic and massage services
- Bars, wineries, breweries and tasting rooms
- Casinos, card rooms and satellite wagering facilities
Along with the modified Order, the County has also issued strict sector-specific infection control directives that businesses must comply with prior to opening. In general, these directives require businesses to open with limited capacity and employ enhanced cleaning and disinfecting procedures. Also, both staff and visitors must practice physical distancing and wear cloth face coverings. Complete details are listed on the LA County Road To Recovery
At this point the businesses that remain closed are:
- Lounges and nightclubs
- Public Entertainment venues: movie theaters, live performances theaters, concert venues, theme parks, and festivals
- Family entertainment centers such as bowling alleys, arcades, miniature golf, and batting cages
- Indoor and outdoor playgrounds for children, except those located within a school or childcare center
- Hot tubs, steam rooms and saunas not located on a residential property
- All events and gatherings, unless specifically allowed by order
A complete list of what is open and closed within Los Angeles County is available on the Public Health website.
In addition, as the state continues to reopen businesses recreational amenities amid the Coronavirus pandemic, Governor Newsom issued a statewide order on June 18 that mandates Californians to wear face coverings when around people in public spaces. Read more about face covering order on the CDC website.