Earlier this week the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health extended the Safer at Home initiative with the gradual reopening of select recreation facilities, this includes the reopening of some local park amenities.
With strict health guidelines to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, the Diamond Bar tennis courts located at Maple Hill, Pantera, and Ronald Reagan parks and the new Pickleball courts located at Maple Hill Park, will reopen at 9:00 a.m. on Monday, May 18.
In addition to all park rules, visitors must adhere to the following restrictions and safety guidelines for the use of the tennis and pickleball courts:
- Physical distancing of six (6) feet must be maintained at all times.
- Only singles play is permitted.
- Each participant must bring their own balls with their initials on each and are only permitted to handle their own tennis and pickleball balls.
- Face coverings are required except during play.
- Participants are asked to bring water and hand sanitizer or disinfecting wipes to wash and sanitize hands frequently.
- A maximum of one-hour play will be allowed on heavy traffic days.
- No group gatherings are allowed.
To ensure these facilities remain open for the enjoyment by the community, visitors are reminded that adherence to these guidelines and precautions is critical to slow the spread of COVID-19.
Once open, the tennis and pickleball courts will operate under regular park hours – one half hour before sunrise and one half our after sunset and lighted facilities remain open until 10:00 p.m.
Additional open City recreation amenities include:
- Park open areas
- Dog park in Pantera Park
- Park restrooms
As a reminder, the following City facilities and amenities remain closed to the public until further notice:
- City Hall
- Diamond Bar Center
- Heritage Park Community Center
- Basketball courts
- Playing fields
- Picnic areas
- Skate park in Peterson Park.
During the closure, City staff is available to provide services and respond to questions by phone or email. For more information about park facility operations, contact the Parks and Recreation Department at (909) 839-7070 or for maintenance contact the Public Works Department at (909) 839-7060.