Motorist are advised that closure of the westbound on-ramp at Grand Avenue and right-turn-only restriction on the westbound exit ramp to Grand Avenue are scheduled to continue into late next month.
The restrictions are necessary for Caltrans to carry out the construction of a new westbound on-ramp as part of the improvements related to the SR-57/SR-60 Confluence Project.
Detour signage is in place, and recommends the following:
- Traffic exiting westbound Grand Avenue off-ramp will be restricted to make right turns only onto northbound Grand Avenue towards Industry/Walnut. Traffic will not be permitted to make a left turn to travel towards Diamond Bar/Chino Hills.
- Traffic on southbound SR-57 (Orange) will be detoured at Sunset Crossing Road and will be directed to Diamond Bar Boulevard, Golden Springs Drive to Grand Avenue.
- Traffic on westbound SR-60 (Pomona) will be detoured off the freeway at Diamond Bar Boulevard and will be directed to Golden Springs Drive to Grand Avenue.
- Traffic on northbound Grand Avenue will be detoured to Golden Springs Drive to Brea Canyon Road to the westbound on-ramp.
- Traffic on southbound Grand Avenue will be detoured to Baker Parkway to Brea Canyon Road to the westbound on-ramp.
The Confluence Project is designed to improve traffic operation on Grand Avenue from Golden Springs Drive to the interchange at SR-60 (Pomona), increase capacity at the Grand Avenue Interchange, improve traffic operation on the freeway mainline, reduce traffic weaving and increase weaving distance and improve safety.
Additional project-related details are available on the City website at www.diamondbarca.gov/5760 or by contacting the City’s Public Works Department at 909.839.7040 or email@example.com. Information about the road closures and restrictions can be accessed on the Caltrans QuickMap online at quickmap.dot.ca.gov or by hotline at 1.800.427.ROAD (7623).