March 20, 2020 – Because of the continued rapid spread of COVID-19, a Health Officer Order is now in effect countywide through April 19, 2020. This order closely matches the Executive Order issued effective midnight today by the California governor.
Both County and State orders further restrict and limit the gathering of individuals and calls on individuals to remain their homes as much as possible. To this end, the following outlines general ‘can’ and ‘cannots’, and which areas and businesses are open or closed while this Health Officer Order is in effect:
CAN AND CANNOT
- You can shop for essential items at supermarkets and pharmacies, and visit banks and gas stations.
- You can get meals from restaurants through drive-through, carry-out and delivery service.
- You can visit city parks and trails alone or with family members and friends as long as your group is limited to nine individuals or less and maintain six feet social distancing.
- You cannot hold or attend an enclosed public or private group event or gathering of 10 individuals or more. For gatherings of 2 to 9 people in an enclosed space, individuals should maintain a distance of at least six feet. The separation applies to groups of non-family members.
OPEN OR CLOSED
- Hospitals and clinics
- Walnut/Diamond Bar Sheriff’s Station
- Open areas of within parks, trails and public restrooms
- Restaurants providing drive-through, carry-out, and/or delivery service
- All City facilities, buildings and indoor restrooms
- Tennis and basketball courts, playing fields, playgrounds, the skate park in Peterson Park, and the dog park at Pantera Park
- All "non-essential" businesses including retail and indoor shopping malls, nail and hair salons, and dine-in only restaurants
As a reminder, City staff is working remotely and available to answer questions by phone and email, and provide services, to the extent possible. For more details and contact information as well as links to resources on how to protect yourself and others during this global health emergency, visit www.diamondbarca.gov/covid19.