CDGB Application 2021-2022


Applications are currently being accepted for the 2021-2022 Community Development Block Grant program year. If your organization has a program or project that qualifies for Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funding, an application must be completed and returned to the City by 3:00 p.m. on Friday, November 20, 2020.

Federal regulations limit the different allowable activities that the City may undertake with CDBG funding. The City is expected to receive approximately $232,177 in funding. Twenty percent (20%) or $46,435 can be allocated towards community public service programs/or projects. The remainder of funding or eighty percent (80%) or $185,742 may be allocated towards public improvements, economic development and rehabilitation projects.


To be eligible for CDBG funding, your program or project must meet the following three requirements:

  • CDBG Eligible Activity
    • Acquisition of real property for an eligible use
    • Acquisition, construction and rehabilitation of public facilities
    • Demolition and clearance of deteriorated buildings
    • Community services for low and moderate income households
    • Removal of barriers that restrict the mobility of elderly or handicapped persons
    • Special economic development activities
  • CDBG National Objectives
    • Project must principally serve low and moderate income persons
    • Project must eliminate slum and blight
    • Project must address a recent and urgent health and safety need
  • The Project must address the Community Development objectives the City proposes to pursue.

How to Apply

Groups/organizations requesting funding consideration under the City’s CDBG program must submit a completed application form for each proposed project. This application requires detailed and specific information about the proposal. The City will use this information to determine if the proposal is eligible for CDBG funding and may conduct interviews with your organization to discuss your proposed project(s) and funding requests. The City will review all applications for funding at a City Council Public Hearing tentatively scheduled for Tuesday, December 15, 2020.

To obtain an application, please contact Stella Marquez, Administrative Coordinator, at (909) 839-7030 or Diana Cho, CDBG Consultant, at (909) 839-7030. All applications must be completed and returned:

via mail to:

City of Diamond Bar
21810 Copley Drive
Diamond Bar, CA 91765

via email to:


Applications must be received by 3:00 p.m. on Friday, November 20, 2020.

About the CDBG Program

The federally funded CDBG program was established by the Housing and Community Development Act of 1974. Learn more about the program's history.