Grand Avenue and Golden Springs Drive Improvement Project
This project is a component of the SR-57 (Orange) / SR-60 (Pomona) Confluence Project – Phase IIA
Construction period: October 2020 - 2023 (Intersection construction period: 2/22/2021 - 2023)
Cost: $16.8 million
Funding Source: $6.8 million MTA grant and $10 million of local match funding.
The project area includes Grand Avenue south of the SR-60 interchange and the Grand Avenue and Golden Springs Intersection.
- Construct one northbound and one southbound approach lane on Grand Avenue
- Construct a westbound right-turn lane from Golden Springs Drive
- Widen sidewalks for ADA accessibility
- Install City’s streetscape elements – traffic signals, street pavers and landscaping
- Install new streetlights on the north side of Golden Springs Drive
- Widen Golden Springs Drive between Copley Drive and Racquet Club Drive to add a dedicated westbound right-turn lane
- Installation of pedestrian countdown signals at intersection
- Relocate and construct golf cart tunnel underneath Grand Avenue (Golf Course Renovation Project)
- Modification of hole three of the Diamond Bar golf course to allow for freeway improvements (Golf Course Renovation Project)