Business Recovery Grant
APPLICATION PERIOD HAS CLOSED
Applicants will be notified by email of their status.
Questions: Call (909) 348-8360 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
In an effort to support Diamond Bar’s small, locally-owned businesses, the City is awarding one-time grants of $5,000 to help eligible business owners weather the economic hardships resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic.
Applying business must meet all of the following qualifying criteria:
- Be independently owned and operated
- Franchisees may not own more than one franchise within or outside Diamond Bar
- Employ no more than 25 full-time equivalent (FTE) employees
- Must employ/rehire/hire at least one employee whose salary qualifies as low-moderate income
- Have a physical place of business (i.e., a storefront, not an online or mail-order only business) in Diamond Bar
- Have a valid City of Diamond Bar business license
- Have been in operation for at least one year
At this time, this grant program is not intended for home-based businesses, non-profit organizations, independent contractors, or national franchises.
This is a summary, for complete details, download the Business Recovery Program Policy.
Eligible Grant Expenses
Grant funds must be used to cover:
- essential operating expenses (e.g. rent, utilities and payroll)
- costs related to reopening safely such the purchase of personal protective equipment ( e.g. masks, gloves, aprons or gowns, goggles and face shields) or
- products or materials to assist with infection prevention and physical distancing (e.g. plexi-glass guards, signage and floor markers)
This grant program has a two-day application window and the process will be strictly online. Applications will be accepted starting promptly at 9 a.m.on Monday, June 22 and until 12 p.m. on Wednesday, June 24.
There are 64 grants available, each for $5,000. All applications received within the allotted window will be placed into a lottery (random drawing) system. Business owners whose applications are drawn from the lottery system will be promptly notified by email.
Eligibility Verification/Distribution of Funds
City staff will review each selected application for eligibility. All qualifying applicants will be notified within a week to discuss next steps in the grant funding process.
- Are grants issued on first-come, first-served basis?
- How does the lottery process work?
- How will I know if my application was selected in the lottery?
- Will the grant be issued all at once or on a reimbursement basis?
- What can I spend grant funds on?
- Do I have to repay the grant?
- Why are home-based businesses not eligible to apply?
- Do I need to pay taxes on the grant?
- Is there a maximum number of employees I can have to qualify for this grant?
- Grant eligibility requires at least one of my employees hold a low-or moderate income job. What does this mean?
- Who do I contact if I have questions?