America Recycles Day
Saturday, November 2 | 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
South Coast Air Quality Management District
21865 Copley Drive, Diamond Bar
The day's activities include:
Document Shredding - Bring up to five grocery bags or two banker boxes of household financial documents, personal medical records and other sensitive documents for on-site destruction and proper disposal. Make sure bags or boxes contain only documents and no batteries, binders, plastics or metals; folded, enveloped, stapled or paper-clipped papers are okay.
E-Waste and Textile Recycling - Have obsolete or broken electronics or clothing, shoes or linen that are too worn or damaged to donate? Bring them to the event to have them recycled.
Garden Mulch - Come ready with gloves, shovel, and containers to collect and take home up to 80 gallons of mulch for your home garden.
Children's Fun Area - Free environmentally-themed arts and crafts and interactive EnviroScape model that demonstrates how ocean pollution occurs.
Green Exhibits - Attendees will have the opportunity to visit various information booths to pick up giveaways and information about special programs to save money while conserving energy, water and preventing pollution. Free water efficiency kits for those who bring their SoCal Gas account number.
- Cal Micro Recycling
- John L. Hunter & Associates
- San Gabriel Valley Council of Governments
- South Coast Air Quality Management District
- So Cal Shredding
- Southern California Edison
- Walnut Valley Water District
- Waste Management
- USA Again
No business or commercial items will be accepted.
No paint, batteries, fluorescent bulbs or medication will be accepted.
America Recycles Day Poster Contest
All fifth graders who live or go to school in Diamond Bar are invited to participate in the annual art contest. Local artists may use any art medium of their choice to create a poster depicting the theme "Rethink Waste - Reuse World."
Entry Deadline: TBA
- 1st Place: $50 gift card
- 2nd Place: $25 gift card
- 3rd Place: 15 gift card
The top three entries will be chose based on the following criteria:
- Addresses the contest theme
- Conveys a clear message
- Exhibits creativity, originality and artistic quality
- Appropriate dimensions
- Entry form is included
- The poster must be done individually by a 5th grade student
- One entry per student
- Artwork must be related to the contest theme "Rethink Waste - Reuse World"
- The poster must be no larger than 8.5" x 14" on white paper. No lined paper.
- No copyrighted material, computer graphic, companies, organizations, or characters. All artwork must be original.
- The poster can be done in any medium (paint, marker, crayon, colored pencil). Bright colors are encouraged.
- All entries must be delivered FLAT, not rolled or folded.
- Entry forms must be included with each entry.
Submit entry to: Posters may be dropped off at, or mailed to, Diamond Bar City Hall located at 21810 Copley Drive. A completed entry form must accompany entry.
Questions - Contact the City's Environmental Services Division at 909-839-7012 or [email protected]