Clear, concise, well-formatted content is key to educating and engaging citizens of any municipality. The CivicPlus Best Practices Guide (PDF)
is based on industry usability experts (i.e., Jakob Nielsen, Usability.gov, and HowTo.gov) and emphasize ADA compliance.
Common Content Edits
- 8 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Phone: xxx-xxx-xxxx
- Fax: xxx-xxx-xxxx
- All street identifiers are always spelled out.
- Email addresses use “mailto” links; the name of the person (or department) is the name of the link.
- Menu and navigation items are alphabetized.
- Clip art and stock images are brought over but not included on published pages.
- Hyperlinks to documents open in a new window.
- Hyperlinks to all other links (internal and external) open in the same window.
- Links to documents include the document type within the link.
Follow us on