- City Hall
- City Council
- Council Member Steve Tye
Council Member Steve Tye
Steve Tye was first elected to the Diamond Bar City Council in November 2005 and re-elected in 2009, 2013, 2018 and 2022. He completed serving his fourth term as mayor in 2020 and previously was mayor in 2007, 2011 and 2015.
Prior to joining the Council, Mr. Tye was appointed to the Planning Commission four times, serving from 1997-2005, including two terms as chairman.
He served on the Parks & Recreation Commission from 1994-1997, including once as chairman. He also served on the Library Task Force and the Sports Complex Task Force in 2004 and was a member of the Diamond Bar General Plan Advisory Committee.
Born in Whittier, Mr. Tye graduated from California High School. Mr. Tye earned his Bachelor of Science in Public Administration, graduating cum laude from California State University Dominguez Hills.
He and his high school sweetheart, Patricia, moved to Diamond Bar in 1982 and raised their three children – Kelly, Matthew and Jeffrey – here. They have been blessed with two grandchildren. Mr. Tye was actively involved with his children in AYSO Soccer and the Diamond Bar Little League. He is a lifetime member of the Diamond Bar Friends of the Library and a member in good standing with the Walnut Valley Rotary Club.
District 1 - view district map
Current Term: 2022-2026
Current Board, Commission, and Committee Appointments
- Foothill Transit Board (delegate)
- Joint Powers Insurance Authority (delegate)
- Southern California Association of Governments (alternate)
- Tres Hermanos Conservation Authority (alternate)
- Wildlife Corridor Conservation Authority (delegate)
City Council Sub-Committee Member
- City-Wide Fee Study
- Lighting and Landscape Assessment Districts
Local Organization Liaison
- Diamond Bar Community Foundation (delegate)
- Walnut Valley Unified School District (delegate)
Follow us on