The City's Dial-a-Cab or Diamond Ride program is a subsidized curb-to-curb cab service program designed to supplement travel means for persons with disabilities and those age 60 and older residing in Diamond Bar.
Cab Service Provider
In March 2015, the City Council approved a three-year service agreement with American Cab, dba Yellow Cab, from July 1, 2015 through June 30, 2018, with an option for two 1-year extensions. The majority of trips will be fulfilled by Yellow Cab vehicles; however, American Cab vehicles may be used on occasion.
- Completed Diamond Ride Application (PDF)
- Proof of residency (i.e. valid Driver's License, DMV Senior ID Card)
- Proof of age (i.e. valid Driver's License, DMV Senior ID Card, Birth Certificate)
- Proof of disability (i.e. VA Document of Disability, DMV Disability Card, Social Security Disability Card, Doctor's Note with Diagnosis)
- City Service Area Number 1: Fare $0.50 one-way - within Diamond Bar city limits
- Medical Facilities Service Area Number 2: Fare $1.50 one-way. Trips to medical facilities within an approximately 5 mile radius beyond city limits bounded by the San Bernardino Freeway (10) to the north, Ramona Avenue/Mills Avenue to the east, Imperial Highway/Carbon Canyon Road to the south, and Azusa Avenue to the west. This service area extends coverage for trips to Pomona Valley Hospital Medical Center and St. Jude Hospital/Medical Center in Fullerton.
- Conversion Trips - Trips that extend beyond Service Areas Number 1 and Number 2 are treated as conversion trips, where riders pay a standard per mile rate of $2.50 after the cab leaves the designated boundaries.
Download a copy of the Diamond Ride Program Guidelines (PDF).
- Diamond Ride participants receive a total of 30 one-way trips each month.
- Transportation service is available 7 days a week, including holidays, from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Travel to medical facilities outside the regular service hours 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. is allowed only when special circumstances apply, such as fixed dialysis appointments.
- Riders may schedule trips the same day, no advance reservations are required.
- Requesting specific drivers when reserving a trip is not allowed.
- Participants must have valid Diamond Ride ID Card when traveling.
- Participants are able to travel with a companion or guest, at no additional charge.
- Participants are encouraged to share rides; it saves trips, money, and allows more individuals to take advantage of the service. (Example: If you and two of your friends are going shopping or to a restaurant, it counts as only one trip and you pay only one regular fare. At least two must be card holders with third riding as companion.)
To obtain a Diamond Ride identification card, or for more information about this service, call 909-839-7045. If you already have your Diamond Ride identification card and would like to schedule service, call 800-578-6555.