Own a personal or recreational vehicle, truck, motorcycle, boat, or riding lawn mower, and change the motor oil yourself? Take advantage of the City's a “Recycling Made Easy – Used Oil & Used Oil Filter” program. The program is designed to allow for easy and proper disposal used oil and used oil filters through free curbside/door pickup and local drop off services.
Free Oil Recycling Containers
Funded with a grant from CalRecycle, residents may pick up a free oil recycling container that holds 15 quarts (the equivalent amount of three oil changes) from City Hall – 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Fridays.
Two Free & Convenient Disposal Methods
Once the container is filled, residents should transfer the used oil into a clean plastic container with lid such as a milk jug, and dispose of it through one of the following two free methods:
- Scheduling a pickup with waste hauler:
- Waste Management (Curbside) – Call them at (800) 266-7551
- Valley Vista Services (Door to Door) – Call them at (800) 442-454
- Dropping off at a State-certified collection center*:
- Auto Zone – Call them at (909) 396-4682
- Firestone Store – Call them at (909) 861-4140
- Jiffy Lube – Call them at (909) 869-7273
*Calling the centers before taking oil and filters is recommended.
Did You Know?
- Motor oil doesn't wear out, it just gets dirty; it can be cleaned of contaminants and recycled indefinitely.
- Oil filters contain steel, a valuable nonrenewable resource, and can be crushed and recycled into other products.
- No other substances should ever be allowed to mix with used oil because contamination by other chemicals may mean the used oil cannot be recycled.
- Motor oil that washes into storm drains can create a film on the surface of waterways, depriving aquatic life of necessary sunlight and oxygen.
For more information, call (909) 839-7015 or visit the CalRecycle website.
Follow us on