Fees and Policies
Diamond Bar Center Rental Fees
Reservations are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis determined by priority ranking. Once a reservation is made, all required paperwork and payments must be made by the assigned deadline to confirm your use of the facility. Reservations are determined by the following priority:
- Group C: Government agencies, Walnut Valley & Pomona USD, and Diamond Bar based non-profit groups (501 C 3). May reserve facility up to 24 months in advance.
- Group D: Diamond Bar Residents & Diamond Bar Businesses (Driver license, utility bill, or business license w/valid address). May reserve facility up to 24 months in advance.
- Group E: All Non-Residents & Other Businesses or Organizations. May reserve facility up to 20 months in advance.
See fees table (pdf) for hourly rates and deposit costs.
Equipment Rental Package Options
- Reception Package A: $585.35 - Includes dance floor up to 1,000 square feet and any other equipment offered for rent.
- Reception Package B: $468.28 - Includes dance floor up to 500 square feet and any other equipment offered for rent.
- Reception Package C: $409.75 – Includes dance floor up to 250 square feet and limited AV equipment offered for rent,
- Business Meeting Package A: $234.14 - Includes all equipment offered for rent except the dance floor.
- Business Meeting Package B: $117.07 - Includes all equipment offered for rent except the dance floor.
- Outdoor Usage Fee: $409.75 plus $200 deposit - Used in conjunction with Grand View Ballroom rental, specific outdoor area will be designated to renter/party. Includes wedding oval, open lawn or motor coach areas.
- Kitchen Fee: 117.07 plus $100 deposit - Available with rental of full or two-thirds of the Grand View Ballroom.
- Tables and chairs are included in the room rental fee.
- Linens, cutlery and decorations are not included in the room rental fee.
- Replacement fee will be assessed if equipment is damaged or destroyed.
- Tenet/Users Insurance-This insurance is provided under separate contract with the City‘s insurer. See Facility Use Agreement for information and fees. Fees are subject to change without advance notice. Fees are passed through to user.
See Package Option information sheet (pdf) for additional details
A permit from the State of California Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control (ABC) is required to serve alcohol at an event. Non-Profit organizations wishing to sell alcohol need a one-day permit. Alcohol service requires a $500 deposit and event security. See Alcohol Use Policy webpage for additional information.
Private Parties i.e. weddings, anniversaries, birthdays, or anyone other than a non-profit organization may not sell alcohol on their own. If a private party wishes to sell alcohol, they must arrange this through a licensed caterer. The caterer must have a license obtained from the State of California Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control (ABC) which enables the caterer to sell beer, wine and distilled spirits (hard liquor). If the caterer does not have this license, the private party cannot sell alcohol. No exceptions. It is illegal for a private party to sell alcohol. See Alcohol Use Policy webpage for additional information.
Security at events where there will be alcohol. Security must be present from the start of service of alcohol through the cleanup hour. Alcohol can be served for a maximum of five hours. Cost of security is the responsibility of the user. Security is also required at high school formal events.
Use of Candles
Tea lights in sturdy votive holders are the only candles allowed. A free candle permit is required and may be obtained from the City when making reservation. See Use Policy webpage for additional information.
All facility users must obtain at their own expense and for the duration of the event covered, comprehensive general liability in an amount not less than one million dollars 1,000,000.00) per occurrence two million ($2,000,000.00) general aggregate, for bodily injury, personal injury, and property damage. Depending on the nature of the proposed facility use, additional insurance may be required. If alcohol is to be served, full liquor liability coverage is required. See section 14 of Facility Use and Rental Policy (pdf) for additional details.