Reporting Suspicious Activity
Should you witness an individual committing a crime or behaving in a suspicious manner, do not attempt to confront them. Doing so may put your safety at risk. Instead call one of the following agencies.
Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department
The Sheriff's Department contributes to a safe environment for residents, employees and visitors by protecting persons and property. Report suspicious individuals, behavior or activities that may be related to criminal activity such as:
- Drunk driving
Call 909-595-2264 to report an incident. Call 9-1-1 if the incident is in progress.
Inland Valley Humane Society & SPCA
The Humane Society provides animal care and control services, including sheltering and caring for stray animals that are lost, abandoned and homeless, and helps prevent animal cruelty. Report suspected incidents of animal cruelty such as:
- Animal hoarding
- Animals lacking necessary food, water and/or shelter
- Organized animal fighting
- Physically abused or beaten animals
- Verbal or written threats to injure, steal or kill an animal
Call 909-623-9777 or 909-594-9858 to report an incident.
Homeland Security works to prevent terrorism and enhance security, secure and manage U.S. borders, enforce and administer U.S. immigration laws, safeguard and secure cyberspace, and ensure resilience to disasters. Report threats to national security, economic security and public safety such as:
- Emergencies in federal buildings
- Security emergency or terrorist incidents
- Spills or discharges into the environment (oil, chemical, radiological, biological, etiological)
- Suspected violations of criminal law involving the illegal movement of people and goods, such as child exploitation, human trafficking and birth tourism (maternity hotels)
Call 866-347-2423 to report an incident (Tip Line available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week). If the suspicious activity is related to a life-threatening emergency in progress in a federal building, call 877.437.7411.