Traffic & Transportation Commission
- 6:30 p.m.
- Bi-monthly meetings - effective January 1, 2020
- Second Thursday (January, March, May, July, September and November)
- City Hall Windmill Road
21810 Copley Dr
Diamond Bar, CA 91765
- Meeting Calendar
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available the Friday prior to the meeting and minutes are available following approval.
- Michael Gonzalez, Chair
- Andrew Wong, Vice-Chair
- Surendra Mehta, Commissioner
- Dr. Cynthia Quan, Commissioner
- Kim Hsieh, Commissioner
As defined in Diamond Bar Municipal Code 2.40.030, the purposes of the Traffic and Transportation Commission are to:
- act in an advisory capacity to the City Council in the review and development of systems, facilities, plans, policies and programs concerning rail, bus and other forms of private and public transportation within the City and affecting the City.
- assist City agencies in providing input into the planning and implementation process of transportation systems within the City or affecting the City.
- assist in studies and reviews of public transportation as the same may affect the City and in preparing recommendations for project implementation in connection therewith and, further, to review and advise on proposals, reports and studies of various public and private agencies as the same may affect the transportation needs of the city.
- recommend to the City Council and to the City Traffic Engineer and other City official’s ways and means for improving traffic conditions and the administration and enforcement of traffic regulations.
- hear complaints and receive comments from citizens pertaining to traffic issues throughout the community, and to make recommendations thereon to the City Council.
- fulfill such additional assignments made with respect to public and private transportation issues, traffic and circulation issues as assigned by the City Council from time to time.
Duties & Responsibilities
The purpose of the Traffic and Transportation Commission is to act in an advisory capacity to the City Council in the review and development of systems, facilities, plans, policies and programs concerning private and public transportation within the City and affecting the City. The Commission also makes recommendations to the City Council, City Traffic Engineer, and other City officials regarding the ways and means for improving traffic conditions, as well as the administration and enforcement of traffic regulations.
Terms of Office / Compensation
The five-members of the Traffic and Transportation Commission are appointed by the City Council to serve a two-year term commencing on March 1 of even-numbered years and expiring on the last day of February of even-numbered years.
Compensation for commissioners is established by Resolution of the City Council and duties and responsibilities included in the Diamond Bar Municipal Code Sec. 2.32. Each member of the Traffic and Transportation Commission is compensated $45 per attended meeting.