Website Usage Policy
Terms & Conditions of Use
Your access to and use of the City of Diamond Bar (the "City") website (the "Site") is subject to the following terms and conditions, as well as all applicable laws. Your access to the Site is in consideration for your agreement to these Terms and Conditions of Use, whether or not you are a registered user. By accessing, browsing, and using the Site, you accept, without limitation or qualification, these Terms and Conditions of Use.
There are sections of the City's website that connect you to other sites outside the control of the City of Diamond Bar. These terms and conditions apply only to those areas that are registered under the City of Diamond Bar's name and its agencies.
Modification of the Agreement
The City maintains the right to modify these Terms and Conditions of Use and may do so by posting notice of such modifications on the site. Any modification is effective immediately upon posting the modification unless otherwise stated. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of any modification signifies your acceptance of such modification. You should periodically visit this page to review the current Terms and Conditions of Use.
You agree to access and use the Site only for lawful purposes. You are solely responsible for the knowledge of and adherence to any and all laws, statutes, rules and regulations pertaining to your use of the Site. By accessing the Site, you agree that you will not:
- Use the Site to commit a criminal offense or to encourage others to conduct that which would constitute a criminal offense or give rise to a civil liability
- Post or transmit any unlawful, threatening, libelous, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, pornographic, profane, or otherwise objectionable content
- Use the Site to impersonate other parties or entities
- Use the Site to upload any content that contains a software virus, "Trojan Horse" or any other computer code, files, or programs that may alter, damage, or interrupt the functionality of the Site or the hardware or software of any other person who accesses the Site
- Upload, post, email, or otherwise transmit any materials that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under a contractual relationship
- Alter, damage, or delete any content posted on the site
- Disrupt the normal flow of communication in any way
- Claim a relationship with or speak for any business, association, or other organization for which you are not authorized to claim such a relationship
- Post or transmit any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, or other forms of solicitation
- Post any material that infringes or violates the intellectual property rights of another
- Collect or store personal information about others
Certain portions of the Site are limited to registered users and/or allow a user to request support or services online by entering personal information. You agree that any information provided to us in these areas will be complete and accurate, that you will not register under the name of, nor attempt to enter the Site under the name of, another person, and that you will not adopt a user name that the City, in its sole discretion, deems offensive. Also, you must be at least 18 years old to become a registered user to request support or services online. If you are not of sufficient age, you will be removed from the registered area(s) and/or denied support or services.
Termination of Use
The City may, in its sole discretion, terminate or suspend your access and use of this Site without notice and for any reason, including for violation of these Terms and Conditions of Use or for other conduct which the City, in its sole discretion, believes is unlawful or harmful to others. In the event of termination, you are no longer authorized to access the Site, and the City will use whatever means possible to enforce this termination.
Other Site Links
Some links on the Site lead to websites that are not operated by the City. The City does not control these websites nor do we review or control their content. The City provides these links to users for convenience. These links are not an endorsement of products, services, or information, and do not imply an association between the City and the operators of the linked website. The City is not responsible for any information on these websites.
Use of City Information
You specifically agree that you will not utilize information obtained by using the City's website for any purpose other than to conduct City-related business.
The City has the right to monitor the content that you provide, but shall not be obligated to do so. Although the City cannot monitor all postings on the Site, we reserve the right (but assume no obligation) to delete, move, or edit any postings that come to our attention that we consider unacceptable or inappropriate, whether for legal or other reasons. United States and foreign copyright laws and international conventions protect the contents of the Site. You agree to abide by all copyright notices.
Assumption of Risk
You agree that you may be held personally liable for any misuse of, or damage to, the City’s website or for your breach of these Terms and Conditions.
Disclaimer of Warranty
You expressly understand and agree that your use of the Site, or any material available through this Site, is at your own risk. Neither the City nor its employees warrant that the Site will be uninterrupted, problem-free, free of omissions, or error-free; nor do they make any warranty as to the results that may be obtained from the use of the Site. The content and function of the Site are provided to you "as is," without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, warranties of title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or use, or "currentness."
Limitation of Liability
In no event will the City or its employees be liable for any incidental, indirect, special, punitive, exemplary, or consequential damages, arising out of your use of or inability to use the Site, including without limitation, loss of revenue or anticipated profits, loss of goodwill, loss of business, loss of data, computer failure or malfunction, or any and all other damages.