Through My Lens Photo Contest
Now accepting entries for the 2018 - October 15 entry deadline
Contest is open to Diamond Bar residents of all ages and photographers of all skill levels. Entrants will be separated into two divisions, Youth (17 years and younger) and Adult (18 years and older).
- Digitally Altered
How to Enter
- A separate entry form must accompany each submission. Entry forms are available at City Hall and the Diamond Bar Center.
- Mail entry form along with labeled DVD or CD to:
Diamond Bar City Hall
Through My Lens Contest
21810 Copley Drive
Diamond Bar, CA 91765
- Email your entry form along with electronic file. Please submit only one entry per email.
- Deadline: Entries must be received by City Hall offices or via email no later than October 15, 2018. The City assumes no responsibility for late, lost, misdirected or damaged entries.
- Free to enter and open to Diamond Bar residents only.
- Entrants may enter up to two categories and may submit one entry per category.
- Entry may be submitted once in one category.
- Age determined at time of submission. Entrants under the age of 18 must have permission from a parent or legal guardian.
- Entries must be photographed within Diamond Bar city limits, not previously published and deemed suitable for publishing by the City.
- Entries may be in either color or black and white.
- City reserves the right to reassign entry to alternate category or reject entries based on criteria.
- No print entries accepted. Only electronic files on DVD, CD or via email will be accepted.
- Preferred digital format is jpg or jpeg. No gif, png, or bmp.
- Image Quality: Maximum file size is 10 MB, and it is not recommended the file size be no smaller than 3 MB. If unsure of image quality, set camera to the highest quality available.
- With the exception of the Digitally Altered category, photos cannot be altered in any way utilizing Photoshop or comparable programs.
- Electronic file name must include entrant’s first initial, last name, category, and division, i.e.: JSmithNatureYouth.jpg and entry form as JSmithNatureYouthForm.jpg.
- The City reserves the right to reject any entry deemed not suitable for consideration due to objectionable content such as the use of profanity, nudity, drug, alcohol, or tobacco use, or cruelty to persons or animals.
Winning entries will:
- Receive recognition by the Diamond Bar City Council and the Diamond Bar Community Foundation Board at a regularly scheduled City Council meeting.
- May be featured as part of the City’s Calendar and Services Guide, website, newsletter, Government Access and social media channels, Diamond Bar Community Foundation’s Windmill magazine and website, and displayed in other ways to promote the City and the Through My Lens contest.
- Be awarded cash prizes in each division category as follows: Honorable Mention: $50, First Place: $100, and Grand Prize: $150. The Grand Prize will be selected from the first place winners.