Parks & Recreation Commission
- 6:30 p.m.
- Bi-monthly meetings - effective January 1, 2020
- Fourth Thursday (January, March, May, July, September and November)
- City Hall Windmill Room
21810 Copley Drive
Diamond Bar, CA 91765
- Meeting Calendar
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available the Friday prior to the meetings and minutes are available following approval.
Appointment: March 1, 2022
- Andrew Wong, Chair
- Stephen Qiu, Vice Chair
- Saman Mahmood
- Cynthia Quan
As defined in Diamond Bar Municipal Code 2.32.030, the purpose of the Parks and Recreation Commission are to:
- coordinate all of the recreation and leisure activities of the city.
- provide for the establishment and maintenance of sound recreation and parks programs.
- ensure the efficient operation of all recreation and park facilities within the city.
- encourage a sound and well-rounded program of activities to serve the recreational, park, leisure time and related needs of people within the city.
Duties & Responsibilities
The responsibility of the Parks and Recreation Commission is to act in an advisory capacity to the City Council in all matters pertaining to the planning, programming and operation of recreation activities and facilities and the development of recreation areas, facilities, programs and improved services.
Terms of Office / Compensation
The five-members of the Parks and Recreation Commission are appointed by the City Council to serve a two-year term commencing on March 1 of even-numbered years and expiring on the last day of February of even-numbered years.
Compensation for commissioners is established by Resolution of the City Council and duties and responsibilities included in the Diamond Bar Municipal Code Sec. 2.32. Each member of the Parks and Recreation Commission is compensated $45 per attended meeting.