Looking for ways to give back to your community? Become a Volunteen! This volunteer program offers teens the opportunity to become involved in their community while receiving work experience and leadership training throughout the summer.
About the Program
As a Diamond Bar Volunteen you may find yourself assisting Tiny Tot instructors with youth in a classroom setting filled with crafts and playtime, demonstrating to campers how to create a lanyard but also engaging them in sports and even weekly excursions at Summer Day Camp, assisting Seniors with Bingo and monthly dances and/or helping set up the movie screen at Concerts and Movies in the Park. Thirteen-year-olds may only be assigned to Concerts in the Park and senior programing. Limited positions are available.
All of these activities are leadership and work experience that may lead you to a future job in recreation. Your hours will be tallied for required school/church volunteer hours. At the end of the program you will receive a certificate and a letter from the Recreation Specialist stating what program you volunteered in and your total hours.
Applicants must be between the ages of 13 and 17 years (May 1 to August 16, 2019), reside in Diamond Bar, and be available to work a minimum of ten hours and a maximum of 30 hours per week starting Monday, May 6 (during non-school hours) through August 16, 2019. For more information, please follow the instruction below.
1. Create an applicant account online and fill out all areas that apply to you.
2. Submit the 2019 Volunteen Online Application.
3. Download and fill out the Volunteen Emergency Form and Liability/Waiver Form.
4. When notified, sign up for an interview day and time.
5. Bring the Volunteen Emergency Form, Liability/Waiver Form, and Availability Schedule) to your interview. NOTE: All documents must be filled out and completed for consideration.
6. All communication will be done via email. Continue to check email for updates.
A signed waiver of liability, emergency information card and $25 material fee are required once accepted into the program.
Jordi Ubaldo, Recreation Specialist, (909) 839-7062 or [email protected]