Looking for ways to give back to your community? Become a Volunteen! This volunteer program offers teens the opportunity to become involved in their community while receiving work experience and leadership training throughout the summer.
About the Program
As a Diamond Bar Volunteen you may find yourself assisting Tiny Tot instructors with youth in a classroom setting filled with crafts and playtime, demonstrating to campers how to create a lanyard but also engaging them in sports and even weekly excursions at Summer Day Camp, assisting Seniors with Bingo and monthly dances and/or helping set up the movie screen at Concerts and Movies in the Park. Limited positions are available.
All of these activities are leadership and work experience that may lead you to a future job in recreation. Your hours will be tallied for required school/church volunteer hours. At the end of the program you will receive a certificate and a letter from the Recreation Specialist stating what program you volunteered in and your total hours.
Applicants must be between the ages of 14 and 17 years (May 1 to August 17, 2018), reside in Diamond Bar and must be available to work a minimum of ten hours and a maximum of 30 hours per week starting Monday, May 14 (during non-school hours) through August 17, 2018. For more information, please follow the instruction below.
2. Fill out all areas that apply to you.
3. Submit the 2018 Volunteen Online Application.
4. Download and fill out the Volunteen Emergency Form and Liability/Waiver Form
5. When notified, sign up for an interview day and time.
6. Bring the two documents (Volunteen Emergency Form and Liability/Waiver Form) to your interview. NOTE: All documents must be filled out and completed for consideration.
7. All communication will be done via email. Continue to check email for updates.
Jordi Ubaldo, Recreation Specialist, 909.839.7062 or [email protected]