Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Application for 2023-2024 Program Year
What is CDBG?
The Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program provides annual grants on a formula basis to entitled cities and counties to develop viable urban communities by providing decent housing and a suitable living environment, and by expanding economic opportunities, principally for low-to moderate-income persons.
How much funding is available?
Federal regulations limit the different allowable activities that the City may undertake with CDBG funding. The City is expected to receive approximately $262,650 in funding for the 2023-2024 program year. Twenty percent (20%) or $50,530 can be allocated towards community public service programs/or projects. The remainder of funding or eighty percent (80%) or $210,120 may be allocated towards public improvements, economic development and rehabilitation projects.
Who qualifies to apply?
To be eligible for CDBG funding, your organization's program or project must meet the following three requirements:
- CDBG Eligible Activity
- Acquisition of real property for an eligible use
- Acquisition, construction and rehabilitation of public facilities
- Demolition and clearance of deteriorated buildings
- Community services for low and moderate income households
- Removal of barriers that restrict the mobility of elderly or handicapped persons
- Special economic development activities
- CDBG National Objectives
- Project must principally serve low and moderate income persons
- Project must eliminate slum and blight
- Project must address a recent and urgent health and safety need
- The Project must address the Community Development objectives the City proposes to pursue.
How to Apply
Groups/organizations requesting funding consideration under the City’s CDBG program must submit a completed application form for each proposed project. This application requires detailed and specific information about the proposal. The City will use this information to determine if the proposal is eligible for CDBG funding and may conduct interviews with your organization to discuss your proposed project(s) and funding requests. All submitted applications are reviewed at a public City Council meeting prior to approval.
How to Obtain an Application
To obtain application, contact Stella Marquez, Administrative Coordinator, at (909) 839-7030 or Diana Cho, CDBG Consultant, at (909) 839-7030. All applications must be completed and returned to the City of Diamond Bar, 21810 Copley Drive, Diamond Bar, CA 91765 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The 2023-2024 application period closed at 3 p.m. on Friday, November 18, 2022.
Contact Stella Marquez, Administrative Coordinator, at (909) 839-7030 or Diana Cho, CDBG Consultant, at (909) 839-7030.