General Municipal Election - November 3, 2020
The City of Diamond Bar will hold a General Municipal Election on Tuesday, November 3, 2020 to fill two (2) Diamond Bar City Council seats for full four-year terms.
The nomination period for this election is Monday, July 13, 2020 through Friday, August 7, 2020 at 5 p.m. If an incumbent does not file nomination papers by the closing date, this period will be extended to Wednesday, August 12, 2020 at 5 p.m.
If you wish to become a candidate for the General Municipal Election, the Candidate Handbook will be available beginning Monday, July 13, 2020. Due to the uncertainty related to the COVID-19 virus City Hall remains closed to the public and an appointment will be required to pick up your nomination packet. Regular business hours are: Monday through Thursday, 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and Fridays 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Please call the City Clerk’s Office at (909) 839-7010 or email to make an appointment.
Candidate Nomination Packet
Download the November 3, 2020 General Municipal Election Nomination Packet . Please note required nomination documents are not included in the packet and must be picked up and returned in person. The City Clerk’s Office will not distribute or accept via U.S. Mail or private delivery service. If you wish for another individual to pick up and/or file nomination papers on your behalf, please use the Candidate Authorization Form.
- Must be a citizen of the United States.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be a City of Diamond Bar resident at time nomination papers are issued.
- Must be a registered voter within the city of Diamond Bar.
September 24, 2020
- Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder’s Office begins Mailing of Official Sample Ballot Booklets
October 5, 2020
- Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder’s Office begins Mailing of Vote by Mail Ballots
- First day Vote by Mail Drop Boxes open
- First day of early voting at RR/CC Headquarters (this may change due to COVID-19 considerations)
October 19, 2020
- Official Registration Deadline. If a voter is not registered by this date they will not be issued a Vote by Mail Ballot.
October 24, 2020
- Vote Centers open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
November 3, 2020
- Election Day. Vote Centers open 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.