General Municipal Election – November 8, 2022
The City of Diamond Bar will hold a General Municipal Election on Tuesday, November 8, 2022 to fill three (3) Diamond Bar City Council seats for full four-year terms.
The nomination period for this election starts Monday, July 18 and runs through 5 p.m. on Friday, August 12. If an incumbent does not file nomination papers by the closing date, this period will be extended to 5 p.m. on Wednesday, August 17.
If you wish to become a candidate for the General Municipal Election, the Candidate Handbook will be available beginning Monday, July 18. Due to COVID-19, an appointment will be required to pick up your nomination packet. Regular business hours are 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday, and 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Friday. To make an appointment, call (909) 839-7000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate Nomination Packet
The 2022 General Municipal Election Candidate Nomination Packet will be available on this page by late June 2022. Please note that required nomination documents are not included in the online packet and must be picked up and returned in person. The City Clerk’s Office will not distribute or accept via U.S. Mail or private delivery service. If you wish for another individual to pick up and/or file nomination papers on your behalf, please complete and return the Pick-up/Drop-off Authorization Form.
- Must be a citizen of the United States.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be a City of Diamond Bar resident at time nomination papers are issued.
- Must be a registered voter within the city of Diamond Bar.
September 29, 2022
- Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder’s Office begins Mailing of Official Sample Ballot Booklets
October 10, 2022
- Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder’s Office begins Mailing of Vote by Mail Ballots
- First day Vote by Mail Drop Boxes open
October 24, 2022
- Official Registration Deadline. If a voter is not registered by this date they will not be issued a Vote by Mail Ballot.
November 8, 2022 - Election Day
- Vote Centers open 7 to 8 p.m.