2020 Election Results
The Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk’s Office will update election results online starting at 8 p.m. on Election Night.
General Municipal Election - November 3, 2020
The City of Diamond Bar will hold a General Municipal Election on Tuesday, November 3, 2020 to fill two (2) Diamond Bar City Council seats for full four-year terms, and to vote on one ballot measure.
- Stan Liu
- Jennifer Mahlke (Incumbent)
- Ruth M. Low (Incumbent)
- Tommy Orona
- William "Bill" Rawlings
- Samuel Gilbert Castorena Jr.
- Aaron McElrea
The nomination period for this election has closed. The public examination period starts August 8 and ends August 17, 2020. Due to the uncertainty related to COVID-19, City Hall remains closed to the public and an appointment is required to view candidate statements and ballot designations. Please call the City Clerk’s Office at (909) 839-7010 or send an email to make an appointment.
Candidate Nomination Packet
Download the November 3, 2020 General Municipal Election Nomination Packet . Please note required nomination documents are not included in the packet. The candidate nomination period has now closed.
- Must be a citizen of the United States.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be a City of Diamond Bar resident at time nomination papers are issued.
- Must be a registered voter within the city of Diamond Bar.
Election Signage Rules and Regulations
September 24, 2020
- Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder’s Office begins Mailing of Official Sample Ballot Booklets
October 5, 2020
- Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder’s Office begins Mailing of Vote by Mail Ballots
- First day Vote by Mail Drop Boxes open
- First day of early voting at RR/CC Headquarters (this may change due to COVID-19 considerations)
October 19, 2020
- Official Registration Deadline. If a voter is not registered by this date they will not be issued a Vote by Mail Ballot.
October 24, 2020
- Vote Centers open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
November 3, 2020
- Election Day. Vote Centers open 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.