The five-member Parks and Recreation Commission is appointed by the City Council and meets on the fourth Thursday evening of each month at 7:00 P.M. (unless otherwise announced and publicly noticed) in the Windmill Room at Diamond Bar City Hall - 1st Floor at 21810 Copley Drive to discuss matters pertaining to the City’s parks, facilities, and recreation programs.
The mission of the Parks and Recreation Commission is to:
- Advise to the City Council.
- A quality parks system that is safe, properly maintained, and equally accessible to all residents of the City of Diamond Bar.
- Quality recreational programs for all ages.
- Have vision and flexibility to meet the ever-changing interests of our diverse, multi-cultural community.
- Be open and actively responsive to input from individuals and community organizations.
- Develop facilities that will accommodate the needs of our active and growing community.
Current Commission (updated 03/15):
Chairperson Dave Grundy
Vice Chairperson Manisha Sulakhe
Commissioner Lew Herndon
Commissioner Kim Hsieh
Commissioner Benny Liang