The five-member Parks and Recreation Commission is appointed by the City Council and meets on the fourth Thursday evening of each month at 7:00 P.M. (unless otherwise announced and publicly noticed) in the Windmill Room at Diamond Bar City Hall - 1st Floor at 21810 Copley Drive to discuss matters pertaining to the City’s parks, facilities, and recreation programs.
The mission of the Parks and Recreation Commission is to:
- Advise to the City Council.
- A quality parks system that is safe, properly maintained, and equally accessible to all residents of the City of Diamond Bar.
- Quality recreational programs for all ages.
- Have vision and flexibility to meet the ever-changing interests of our diverse, multi-cultural community.
- Be open and actively responsive to input from individuals and community organizations.
- Develop facilities that will accommodate the needs of our active and growing community.
In addition to the Mission Statement, the Parks and Recreation Commission is guided by the principles and goals and objectives of the City-wide Comprehensive Parks Master Plan (adopted March 17, 1998) and the Recreational Trails and Bicycle Routes Master Plan (adopted May 8, 2001).
Current Commission (updated 03/15):
Chairperson Kim Hsieh
Vice Chairperson Lew Herndon
Commissioner Dave Grundy
Commissioner Benny Liang
Commissioner Ted Owens